Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Macaroni Vegetable Salad


When I was sick and in the middle of a move a dear friend brought us over a meal. It was so good! Much better then the Chex I had been eating for every meal while life was so crazy. I attempted to recreate it here.

Ingredients:

8- 16 oz Rice Noodles of your choice cooked and drained according to package directions (More or less depending on if you want more veggies versus pasta)
1 cup Tomatoes Diced (pictured above I used yellow and red tomatoes, but I've also used grape tomatoes and those are very good)
Handful of Spinach washed and cut into ribbons or chopped
1/2 Red Bell Pepper chopped into small pieces
2 Cellery stocks chopped into small pieces
1 Small head of broccoli chopped into bite sized pieces (Optional. I happened to be out of broccoli the last time I made this)
Italian Dressing of your choice
Chicken (optional)

Directions:
Mix all of the vegetables and pasta. Add dressing and mix well. In the above picture I added some chicken that I had previously canned. We have also added grilled chicken which is wonderful in the summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment