Monday, October 12, 2009
* 1 1/4 cup gluten free cookie crumbs (I used half the recipe of the gf chocolate chip cookie recipe and baked the cookies without chocolate chips and then tossed them into the blender)
* 1/3 cup melted butter
* 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen fruit of choice (I used a berry blend), thawed
* 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
* 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
* 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
* 1/4 cup lemon juice
* 3 eggs
1. combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a pie pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes
2. In a blender combine fruit and cornstarch; cover and blend until smooth. Pour into a saucepan; bring to a boil. Boil and stir for 2 minutes. Set aside 1/3 cup strawberry sauce to cool. Cover and refrigerate remaining sauce for serving.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in milk. Add lemon juice. Mix well. Add eggs, beat on low until just combined.
4. Pour half of the cream cheese mixture over crust. Drop half of the reserved fruit mixture by 1/2 teaspoonfuls onto cream cheese layer. Carefully spoon remaining cream cheese mixture over fruit. Drop remaining fruit mixture by 1/2 teaspoonfuls on top. With a knife cut through layers to swirl fruit.
5. Bake at 300 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set. Cook at room temperature for 1 hour (so it doesn't crack). Refrigerate overnight. Serve fruit over cheesecake if desired.
There are very few salad dressings that are soy-free. Thus I began a quest to develop a few salad dressings that tasted like the real thing. This recipe is the closest I've achieved to store bought ranch in my experimentations.
3/4 cup soy-free mayonnaise (see below for a homemade version)
1 1/4 cup of sour cream
1 tsp freeze-dried chives
1 tsp dillweed
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp onion powder
0.5 tsp salt
0.5 tsp ground black pepper
In a sealable container mix well all ingredients together. If using fresh spices/herbs use 3x the amount called for in place of the dried ingredients.