Monday, October 12, 2009

Cheese Cake


(sorry there is part missing... my husband snuck some before I got a picture)

I made this cheesecake for our anniversary and it was a hit. It was 90% gone within 24 hours... I guess I need to make yummy things more often so they aren't such a novelty. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
* 1 1/4 cup gluten free cookie crumbs (I used half the recipe of the gf chocolate chip cookie recipe and baked the cookies without chocolate chips and then tossed them into the blender)
* 1/3 cup melted butter
* 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen fruit of choice (I used a berry blend), thawed
* 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
* 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
* 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
* 1/4 cup lemon juice
* 3 eggs

1. combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a pie pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes

2. In a blender combine fruit and cornstarch; cover and blend until smooth. Pour into a saucepan; bring to a boil. Boil and stir for 2 minutes. Set aside 1/3 cup strawberry sauce to cool. Cover and refrigerate remaining sauce for serving.

3. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in milk. Add lemon juice. Mix well. Add eggs, beat on low until just combined.

4. Pour half of the cream cheese mixture over crust. Drop half of the reserved fruit mixture by 1/2 teaspoonfuls onto cream cheese layer. Carefully spoon remaining cream cheese mixture over fruit. Drop remaining fruit mixture by 1/2 teaspoonfuls on top. With a knife cut through layers to swirl fruit.

5. Bake at 300 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set. Cook at room temperature for 1 hour (so it doesn't crack). Refrigerate overnight. Serve fruit over cheesecake if desired.

2 comments:

  1. This was terrific. It will definitely be a favorite!

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel absolutely AWFUL that I forgot you had a blog. I just now saw it when I went to your family blog in the list of viewers. I am so sorry. I am going to look these recipes over right now. Your blog looks great! I like the fishies too. :)

    Love you bunches,

    Mom xoxo

    ReplyDelete